An animation is the best and the most suitable way that acts as medium to represent any object of real-life as well as non-real life. With the help of a computer, an Architectural animation, which is a short movie or a film describing information and short details about the architectural structure is created. This possess lot of images and frames assembled together in sequence at a constant and a variable time interval.
It is a computer-generated building created along with landscapes and other minute details that may have artistic moving people and vehicles. These images are played back to produce a movie effect much like a real movie camera. The environment is also a computer-created one around the building or an architectural structure to enhance reality. All this is done at an animation studio by animation and rendering artists.
Design Principles –
- Layout: - First of all, the layout of hand-drawn sketches, art-work of architectural entities of a particular building are drawn. This gives a rough idea in 2D regarding what is to be included in the movie.
- Story Boarding: - Once the objects, parts, views, and relevant materials are identified, it is now directed by an animation director to represent all this is a story. Though an architectural animation and 3D Walkthrough may not need a story, still it is a good idea to develop a story. Since every dwelling space has something or the other to say. Find that out and on-board as a story.
- Modelling / Character Rigging: - Once the story is set, now it is ready to be made as a pictograph. The objects like walls, vehicles, moving men, playing children whatever a dwelling place may have, are rigged as characters and the modelling is done. This is give life to the animation. And they make give a short notion about the place.
- Add sounds and animation effects / Timings: - Once the characters and the story is ready, it is now captured in an animation program. At the right time a right scene should appear and that too making a decent and the most relevant sound (e.g. Opening of a closed door, breezes, creatures and birds creeping, etc.) This enhances the whole scene and the viewer gets the real experience.
- Review the 3D Walkthrough Architecture of the Animation: - Not only the real architectural structure, but along with that the animation is also required to be reviewed. There is a lot happening possibility to the real concrete structure, like rain, dusk, whirlpool, etc. All these can also be included in an animation.
The Cheesy Animation.