Here are some of the most famous definitions of the 3D Walkthroughs as defined by many people around the world and even based on their application.
- “An artificial visit to any place is called as a walkthrough.”
- “A walkthrough animation is the source of information regarding typical type of work of non-fiction and which has some kind of practicality.”
- “Anything that is corresponding to the real-time working nature of any proposed project work or an informative issue can be given a reference of 3D Walkthrough Design.”
- “Any work of animation or a film, that is created for providing the description of carrying out any type of work or describes any place that is physically present either in the real time or in a soft media can be termed as an Animated Walkthrough Design.”
- “Walkthrough is a work done by the artist to give any type of information that can be used to achieve any specific objective and/or to earn the accomplishment of doing something.”
- “A walkthrough is a sequence of frames that are created for any particular reason of providing user friendliness of using any type of tool.”
- “Any work done to demonstrate the features and provide a to-do list and exert the dos and don’ts, is called as a work of a Walkthrough.”
- “Any place that can or cannot be visited by a person, if to be described in the soft media or screening technique, then it is possible by the means of the 3D Walkthrough”.
- “To perform any task, a training is required to be provided to the task-performer. And if in the digital world, that training is provided by giving guidelines over an animated video, than it becomes a walkthrough for that particular task.”
- “By any person, if any type of work is to be done, and for that particular work, if information is stitched together to form an animated sequence which gives a step-wise solution, then such type of sequence is called as a Walkthrough.”
With all these definitions on hand, the application of the walkthrough is clearly understood with the meaning. Now it all depends upon the user and the designer, that how the utilization of this technique is done and that too for what type of purpose. There are various streams where 3D Walkthrough and animations are applicable but the highest is in the Game, Architectural, and Science areas.